Monday, January 21, 2008

In an attempt to become more cultured

You know, i'm a complete book worm and i listen to music almost constantly, but i've come to realize that i'm not very good at venturing out and trying new things. I listen to the same music, and although I do enjoy reading a wide variety of books, I usually stick in the realm of mind candy. I have decided that I should really burst out of my shell a little more. So in an effort to do that, i'm going to try and find new bands that I like, tell you about them, and also read new books that have some value to them and tell you about them as well.

I have recently discovered a guy named Matt Nathanson, his music is very easy to listen to. It's not something that would totally make you stop in your tracks just to hear the end of the song, but it's definitely fun to listen to and you should give it a try.

Another musician that i have stumbled across is a girl named Missy Higgins. I guess some of her music has been played on Grey's Anatomy recently, so you might recognize a song or two, but i definitely think you should give it a try.

As for my literature exploration, i'm going to try and get to the library to pick up the book "Love in the time of cholera". Wish me luck!

No comments: